Thursday 26 December 2013

Stepping Up In the World

Stepping Up In the World


Have you ever felt so small that it feels like no one can see you? You try to bring yourself up, but just can’t? Truth be told, I have too. This is the grim reality, unless you do something about it, you won’t reach anywhere? Just expecting things to happen for you won’t cut it. I’ve had my observations, and yes, I’ve seen a few people who never bother to actually do some things, yet they get something that I want, but that doesn’t stop me from trying to reach them, they’re just a few steps ahead, but I’m right behind them and I won’t stop until I reach and pass them.

Taking these steps is hard, and to be honest, I found it hard. Just a few years ago I was one of those people who stayed home, not caring about anything. I didn’t care about school events, leadership positions, challenges and such, all I thought was, I’m going to get a job where I get money once I’m done with school. I’m going to some college for 2 years, and done, I’m going back to my home country. However, I began exploring other options; I was reminded of my love for the theatre. A few years back when I was young at my old school, I was in love with acting, I was full of confidence. One day, I was in a school play, but in the middle of it, I was removed from the play, without any reasons. I was heartbroken, so I decided that I was done with acting. However, after a move to Qatar, I joined as one of the background characters in a school play, and remembering how much I loved performing in the theatre restored my passion in acting, although my skills were weary after a long pause from acting, nonetheless, it was a starting point for me. I slowly built up my confidence by joining more things such as Model UN, Choir, School Orchestra, and writing stories for the We Are Writers book for my school. Long story short, I’ve taken up more challenges to improve myself, and I can safely say all those times I’ve used to do these things we’re worth it. They’ve enhanced me furthermore, and it was my big step, but I’m not done yet. I’ve got a future ahead of me, lots of things I want to accomplish, but I couldn’t have done it without that first step, which was to relive the joy of performing once again. I think if everyone takes their first step, then they can make it anywhere, with hard work and confidence, anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment