Monday 5 May 2014

Stress to Mess

It’s that time of the year again where some people panic and flip tables, whilst some sit back and just go with the flow, that’s right, it’s exam time. I would classify myself as being both, because that’s what I’m doing right now; telling myself everything will be fine, whilst scratching my head viciously (a habit of mine when I’m stressed). 
The night before your exam, you study as much as you can, trying to cram everything inside your head, well here’s a helpful advice, don’t. Just trying to cram everything in won’t work, you need help. You won’t be able to do this alone. I’ve been there, and when doing it, you’ll usually read things that you won’t even remember, so it’s better to take a different approach. 
My approach was that I called my best friend and told her about my worries and needs for knowledge. Being the amazing person that she is, told me she’ll help me. So we spent the whole of the afternoon revising from Math to Biology. Funny how at first, I was clueless as can be, ready to flip her piano table and her computer table, and her, when as we went along, I began to learn more about the topic; especially in Biology. 
Using my favourite memory technique “Mind Room” I began to memorize of the important bits and pieces that are essential for the examination, the ones I thought of anyways. Test of Starch being the use of Iodine solution, test for Protein being Beirut, etc. I remembered them all, but my point is that I would’ve never taken the initiative to actually memorize and learn these things if it weren’t for the help of a friend.  So here’s my advice, do group study, study with your best mate, never do it alone! It’s a lot more fun that way, and plus you can ask them about things you don’t understand about.


No comments:

Post a Comment