Wednesday 19 February 2014

Personal Statement 2.0

After realizing how self-centered and egotistical my previous Personal Statement was, I decided to rethink it. I completely ignored what my journey was about throughout this year and last year, the self-centered monster just came back and wrote that, but now I made changes, so I do hope you like it.

Quite simply, I would like to further study Drama because I would like to be a superstar. Well, actually there’s more into it than just simply becoming a “superstar”. I began my time within Key Stage 4 as a young man who was selfish, and naïve. All I had within my mind was the goal of becoming a superstar, I didn’t think of anything or anyone else. However, as I began to get more involved within school life and people, joining activities and groups such as the Key Stage 4 Committee, Model UN, and Duke of Edinburgh, I then realized how inconsiderate and egotistical I’ve been, always just looking out for myself when clearly there are about billions people out there as well. So then it hit me, if I we’re to choose a career, then I wanted a career where I could do what I desire to do. If I can continue my studies in Theatre, Literature, as well as study more on how to make an impact within the world, then that’s probably a good use of my time.
After these realizations, I decided to continue involving myself within the school; extracurricular clubs such as School Orchestra, 4th Dimension Magazine, Acapella Club, and Gym Club. I was also appointed to join the Prefect Team, which was a great opportunity for me. By continuing all these actions, I was given the “School Citizen” award for two consecutive years, which truly had me overjoyed as it shows that I am beginning my journey to what I’ve intended to achieve. Of course, I also involve myself within theatrical relations, such as the BSME Performing Arts Festival where I was chosen to attend along with the others who share the same passion for theatre as I do.

Finally, I believe that I can offer Sixth Form with so many ideas from both myself and the student body; so I know I’m ready to be a part of it. During my earlier days in the MUN, I recall thinking to myself “I’m going to make it up there someday” as I looked at the Executive Team. Being a part of MUN prepares you to take actions to help those billions of people I’ve mentioned before, hence why I will try everything to reach it. One of the people who can make a big impact within the school is the Head Boy; they can suggest ideas and improvements for the student life. With this position, it will help those students chosen to have their voice and those around them fully heard, have their thoughts considered, and just maybe these thoughts can be turned into actions, hence why I’ve also got my eye on that position. Before entering Key Stage 4, I was an egotistical and immature person, however, now as I enter Sixth Form, I will continue to improve myself, to let the voices of myself and those around me be heard, I would like to take on new roles within the school; roles that will further assist me on improving myself as both a student, and a person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment